Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Some parting photos from 2007

I got hosed by the bus system last night. They were running limited bus service, which meant my usual bus wasn't running on its usual schedule. I ended up having to lounge around for an hour, so made some good use of my time taking more pics of the final hours of Kansas City's daylight in 2007.

We had some friends over last night, so I had a lot of last-minute work to get done. After the smoke cleared and people went home, I didn't feel like posting while slightly intoxicated.
So here you are.

Here's the Western Auto building that was in the reflection of Union Station in my last photoset:


A full shot of the front of Union Station. You can see my bike in the lower part of the photo, on the left side.


Westin Crown Center from a different angle


And from the other side


People skating at the Ice Terrace


Some goofy shots of my bike with Crown Center in the background. Tilting intentional.



2555 Grand, the "Shook, Hardy & Bacon" law firm building.


Not sure what this sculpture/structure is called, but it frames Liberty Memorial quite nicely.


"The Link" skywalk. This was pretty much a goof-off photo. I tested my camera's zooming functionality on the display screen that's inside the walkway and then took this photo zoomed all the way out. I liked it for the skyline underneath, though.



Finally, closer to home, there was a train going under the Quivira pedestrian bridge, so I took a long exposure. You can't see the train but for a blur, but you can see the ghostly appearance of the stuff behind the train. I thought it was an interesting photo to share.

1 comment:

Warren T said...

Years ago I told my wife that the sculpture was named "Fishing Poles in Trunk."

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.