Monday, January 28, 2008

How much longer will it last?

A few mornings ago, it was 1°F, the second coldest temperature I've ridden in. This morning, it was 49°F, a little warmer than last night's errand run. By the time I got downtown, it was 52. Since I already had the road bike and panniers out, I rode the whole trip at an average speed of 18.2 MPH. Not bad for being out of shape like I am, until you realize that at any given time I had 10-20 MPH winds on my hind quarter. It was almost a crosswind, but with enough angle to give me a bump. It felt like a pretty quick ride for the amount of effort I put into it.

It felt damn good to ride the whole way in again. I'm not sure if I'll ride all the way home though -- especially if the wind keeps up the way it's been. Regardless, I'll probably go hit the Monday night ride this evening as long as it doesn't start raining. I need to get crack-a-lackin' on these miles sooner rather than later.

I skipped my usual coffee stop this morning. I brewed up the last of my Nitro last night for my wife and stashed the rest of it away in my vacuum flask, which keeps coffee fresh and undrinkable-hot for a good 24 hours. It's not as bold or full-bodied as my usual French Pressed coffee, but it's still good. I think I have some Mountain Dew laying around here somewhere, that is if the night cleaning crew didn't steal it. Stupid office theft crap cheeses me off.

Oh, and to answer the question of how much longer will this nice weather last... It looks like we're back to flurries tomorrow. Epic Fail. I was just starting to like this stuff.

Random Tunage:
Kimberly Locke - 8th World Wonder
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.