Friday, December 28, 2007

More snowy fun and errands

I wanted to get home a little early today, and took a different bus that runs earlier but drops me off a bit further from home. I had to run to the pharmacy, too. I opted for the sidewalk on 87th Street. The snow was infrequently disturbed by footprints and for the most part was wind-blown drift snow interrupted by large mounds of plowed snow at parking lot entrances. The mounds were sometimes 2 feet high or more, but loosely packed enough that I could charge through them. In fact, I actually kicked it up to 400 watts on approach to one of the larger mounds and proclaimed "RAMMING SPEED!" before my collision resulted in pieces of snowpack flying every which way.

The drifted snow was almost as deep as my bottom bracket, so at times I was pushing my feet through the snow just by pedaling.

My errands didn't give me a whole lot of time for goofing off, but I did take my favorite off-road detour on my way back from the pharmacy, and found a bunch of kids playing in the snow. I wrapped up the day with about 8 fun, snowy miles.

Random Tunage:
Massive Attack - Angel
The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.