Monday, November 05, 2007

Like an old friend

The homeward was nice with a stiff cross/tailwind. I swung by a steakhouse about half a mile from home, which required me to use Nieman to Marshall. This is part of the same route that I used to ride when I lived in Olathe. To get to Nieman, I took Turkey Creek trail's new steep climb to Switzer, then down Edgewood Blvd.

After getting the food home and eating, I took off to the Recovery ride. With total darkness on my side, I went ahead and rode 87th street to get there. In the hour between when I left my apartment and when the ride started, the temperature had slipped almost 10 degrees. I can't believe how many people were out on the ride, I think I counted 20.

After the ride, I had to make a trip to the grocery store that's about 2 miles the other side of my apartment from the ride location. With temperatures falling further, I was starting to get pretty chilly. I made it there and back home, though.

I logged about 54 miles today total.

Random Tunage:
Vertical Horizon - Everything you want
Lisa Loeb - Do you sleep

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.