Sunday, October 14, 2007

Transmission swap and bar tape

I don't feel like doing the math of adding all my miles since May 1st and subtracting how many miles I logged on my hybrid and MTB to get an exact figure, but my Road bike has easily more than 2,000 miles on it already, and aside from wheel and tire replacements, all the equipment is original from the day I got it. 2,000 miles is more than enough for the original chain, so I finally got around to replacing it. I'm calling it a transmission swap. I wanted a 9-speed SWAM Powerlink chain, but my LBS didn't have it and I didn't feel like calling around and/or driving all over the place, so I just got a lame-ass hyperglide chain, which is what the bike came with from the factory anyways.

Also, my original bar tape has been in a state of disarray for a few months, so I replaced it with some cheap white/black zebra-stripe Bontrager tape.

I'm planning on riding the Trek tomorrow but it really depends on what happens overnight. Both WUnderground and AccuWeather are predicting storms tomorrow, so there's a good chance I'll wimp out and take the Outlook to the bus instead.

Random Tunage
Aquasky vs. Masterblaster - Satellite Channel
Electric Tease - Your Lovin

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.