Monday, October 22, 2007

Someone has a case of the mondays!

It's Monday and I am cold, wet, tired and hungry. I plan on fixing that last part with a granola bar I picked up a few days ago (shown in photo). I don't eat granola, but this sounded good even if it's 3.5 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, and 26 grams of carbs all in an easy-to-carry 140 Calorie breakfast snack thinly disguised as a granola bar. If you look closely, you can see some oats peering through between the white icing on top and the layer of coffee-flavored chocolate on the bottom.

I rode to the bus stop and got absolutely soaked. It was 47 degrees outside when I got the the bus stop. I'm in the process of shaking the cold and wet demons right now. I'm still chilly under my work clothes but my feet are still moist inside my dry, warm socks and work shoes. My saturated riding clothes are hanging up as I make a potentially futile attempt to dry them out before I go home.

Fatigue? Forget about it. My sleep schedule has been so erratic this weekend. I finally got to bed about a quarter-to-three this morning and crawled out of bed about 5:30. It's not as bad as it sounds, though. I got an unintentional 5-hour-long nap in yesterday evening. 5 hours is usually a pretty decent night's sleep for me, and I usually avoid afternoon naps for this very reason. I tend to get a whole night's sleep whenever I try to take a nap. Regardless, the whole 2.5 hours of sleep thing is going to hurt me today. I brought some freshly-ground coffee in with me. It might take a few 20-ounce mugs of french-pressed brew to get me moving.

Random Tunage:
Benjamin Bates - On my feet
Lisa Loeb - Do you sleep

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

Yeah, I've had to give up drinking iced tea after 2p.m. just so that I CAN have a decent night's sleep. Of course, I can't say I always abide by my own self-imposed rule. Sometimes, you know, you just got to have that caffeine fix no matter what time of day--or night!--it is.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.