Monday, July 30, 2007

More evil rain

Once again, I broke out my MTB to get to the express bus (2 miles). It's been raining on and off since yesterday evening, and I couldn't tell by the radar whether or not I'd be able to beat the storms downtown. Of course, now it looks like I could have, as I'm on the express bus about 10 minutes away from downtown, and I'd also be about 10 minutes from downtown on my bike had I left at my usual time. Still no rain.

It's a comin' to get us, though.

On wonderful spider news, our youngest cat found yet another brown recluse in our apartment. This one makes four so far. What's scary is the fact that it was a very, very young one. Not a baby, but definitely not mature. That probably means we're dealing with a full-on infestation of poisonous spiders. I really should have brought that wolf spider home with me Saturday night.

As usual, especially on Mondays that I don't get a full round-trip in, I am going to try to make it to the Monday night ride at the Trek Store. I've already exceeded all my cycling expectations this month, but the Monday night ride is one of the few times I can go out and get any actual recreational riding time and distance in one solid block.

Random Tunage:
Sarah Brightman - Snow on the Sahara (Cover of the same song by Anggun)
D:Fuse & Hiratzka - In Suspense

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.