Monday, June 18, 2007

Made it all the way

I made it all the way to work via bike today. The road bike's predicament seems to be resolved. It was a nice, quick, smooth ride today. No more flat-spot on the wheel. No more brake problems, no flats this morning. It went ALMOST just like it should go every day, with one exception:

I forgot my bike lock.

Yep, it's always something, isn't it?

I darted into CVS looking for a bicycle lock -- even a cheapo one -- to no avail. They have 20 different kinds of padlocks, but no cable locks, u-locks, or even chains to use with a padlock. When I got outside, it had started to rain a little bit. Fortunately, I was a mere 3 blocks from work.

When I got to work, I quickly shuffled the bike into the elevator, zipped up to my office, and threw it in an out-of-the-way storage room, completely against company policy. I don't have any other choice, though. If I leave it parked downstairs without being locked, it WILL be gone when I get back.

I'm hoping to ride to River Market Cyclery over lunch to pick up a good, solid U-Lock that I can just leave dangling from the bicycle rack in the parking garage. Here at work is the only place where I leave my bike in harm's way for any length of time and I can't justify the weight penalty for hauling around a giant chunk of metal that I only need at one location.

1 comment:

amidnightrider said...

I may have to reconsider reading your blog. I'm having problems with the rear wheel on my commuter bike. That never happened before you bought your trek.

A friend and his friends have just left for their cross country bike ride.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.