Friday, May 18, 2007

Is this selfish?

I started commuting by bike back in September. In November, they installed this bike rack. I was commuting by bike twice a week, then thrice as time allowed, then 4 days per week, and now I pretty much use my bike daily. Today's the last day of bike to work week, yet in all the months I've parked on this rack, I've never, ever seen another bicycle locked up to it.

Today, I decided I'd park it like this from now on. I think it's a little selfish, but it's a little more stable and secure as well. Am I a bastard? Does this make me evil?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wave racks are the devil.

In my mind, that's how you should lock to it.

Yokota Fritz said...

Umm, is there another way to use this rack?

Anonymous said...

Ditto. First come, first serve.

Sirrus Rider said...

Wave racks are as about as useful as tits on a nun. The only way you can secure your bike to them is exactly how you did so. As long as there isn't a huge massive groundswell in the number of Cyclocommuters at your office you're ok.

I tend to think wave racks are more ornamental sidewalk sculpture than a bike security fixture.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.