Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh yes... some other stuff!

This past weekend, my wife and I decided to hit the road. I like cycling, but I also like driving on the highway. I hate driving in town though.

We took a 450-ish mile road trip on Saturday, really for nothing other than to go to White Castle. The closest one to KC is near St. Louis! You could say ax0n & Fellisa go to White Castle. Haha!

I snapped the next photograph on the way back from White Castle. It's the Callaway Nuclear Power Plant and I had to go 4x optical, 4x digital zoom to get that photo (16x zoom) so it's quite a ways off in the distance from I-70. Nuclear power plants have always fascinated me. There are a lot of naysayers, but I actually prefer Nuke plants to Coal fired ones. Keep in mind that while I care for my planet, I'm not to be confused with an environmentalist.

Oh my gosh! A cyclist! Just as I was packing up my stuff at Starbucks after making that last post, a guy came and locked up to a tree. Judging from the backpack and street clothes, I'm going to guess it's a fellow bicycle commuter. He was riding a Trek mountain bike, but I didn't catch the model. You don't see many newish bikes around here, or at least newish bikes of this quality. I hope his bike is still intact when he gets back, but he was likely, as I, just stopping for breakfast. He didn't come into Starbucks, but there's a whole food court area in Town Pavilion.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.