Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Zombie

Photo: My wife stands in line with dozens of other World of Warcraft fiends awaiting the midnight release of a new expansion pack. I was also in this line for about an hour last night. Temperature was single-digits (fahrenheit).

So on top of braving single digit temps with no more thermal protection than a hoodie sweatshirt offers, I got to bed at around 1:00AM and woke up around 5:30AM with something resembling a head cold.

I didn't have time for breakfast. Matter of fact, I'm posting this on my lunch break and this is the first thing I've eaten since about 7:00PM yesterday. It had dropped below zero degrees by the time I left home, and I was incredibly weak on the ride in. I almost "bonked*" about three times. I still managed to get to the bus stop in about 20 minutes despite taking three "breathers" where I just had to dismount and catch my breath and balance. My legs would not do as I willed. It was a frustrating ride to say the least.

So here I sit, ready to eat my lunch, my ears are ringing, I have a headache, and my nose won't stop running. Truth be told, I really want to curl up in a little ball and forget about life for a few days. I think I'll run to CVS and get some DayQuil or something.

*bonk - Cyclist slang for a condition of complete and total exhaustion, where one loses balance, breath, and in worst case, results in passing out and/or vomiting. Often caused by low blood sugar, dehydration, or not enough oxygen in the blood stream.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.