Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A memorial at 12th and Grand?

Photo: An odd but nifty ornament strapped to a traffic signal on the southeast corner of 12th and Grand.

Actually, I just looked it up on the sobering KCBike Crash map, it's apparently a memorial to John Triggs. Odd, because I've used the bus stop right next to this memorial before, but have never seen it.

As some of you know, I officially started a new job yesterday, even though it's just a higher-paying, permanent position doing what I've been doing for the past six months. Well, I went to this particular bus stop, because my wife started her new job today as well. I am going to drop by JCCC to go see her for a while, then I'll probably ride down to Daily Dose to geek out on my Mac some more, and get some soul-soothing coffee since my wife is on the clock until 10 tonight.

Anyhow, seeing that old bike made me kind of sad, I had to take a picture. I'm not one to cry, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't welling up a bit while posting this. John, you will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.