Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The morning grind

Look, the Sorrento is just begging for some more snow!

Lately, I've been taking an earlier bus than I need to, and riding around downtown a bit before I actually go to work. Traffic is much slower out here than it is back in Olathe, and it's a lot safer to spend extra time on the roads out here than it is to find a different route to the bus stop in the suburbs.

I'm trying to build up some endurance, but my measly 10-15 miles per day (broken up into 2 or 3 smaller sections with rest in between, nonetheless) isn't going to cut it. I'd like to eventually be able to make the whole commute entirely by bike at least once a week. As it stands, that's a 60 mile round trip. I'd also like to ride the MS-150 bike tour in '07 or '08. We'll see how that works out. It's not that I doubt that I can ride 75 miles per day, It's more that I doubt I can ride 75 miles in the time they allow.

I'll probably borrow my cousin's Bianchi road bike (which is currently on loan to my dad...) for the 150. It would be funny to show up on a mountain bike, though.

No comments:

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.